Tuesday 29 July 2014

Travel Tuesday - Cities/Places I want to see before I die

Like any person out there, I have my own bucket list of things I want to do and see before I die. I want to experience new cultures and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Some places I have already been but usually they were just day trips so I couldn't really do much, but my time there made me eager to visit again.

Here I present to you some cities/places I would like to visit and why, and from today onwards tuesday's articles will hence be known as 'Travel Tuesday'.

9. Edinburgh - My main reason for wanting to visit Edinburgh is that every year it holds the Fringe Festival. The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is one of the largest arts festival around and showcases talent in the field of performing arts and comedy. Held annually in the month of August it attracts a high number of tourists from around Europe who are eager to see their favourite comedian perform.



8. San Diego - I would love to visit San Diego for one reason: Comic Con! The cosplayers, the stalls, the exclusive footage to your favourite television shows! It's the God of all conventions! Of course there are many other reasons to visit San Diego ( which I shall touch upon in another post) but MY main reason to visit



7. Paris - Ahh Paris, the city of Lovers, who doesn't want to go there! I went once with my secondary school but obviously we had to stick together so I couldn't really explore or appreciate the city for everything it has to offer. My dream would be to see a Burlesque show in Paris and also visit Versailles and of course Disneyland Paris! Best time to go to Paris - winter! The snow makes the city look even more beautiful and romantic.



6. Seoul - I'm a massive fan of Kpop and Seoul is an up-and-coming city. My first stop would be Myeongdong, a must visit for fashion lovers and the shops are open from 10 a.m to 10 p.m! Winning! And of course I will have to visit N Seoul Tower located in Mt. Namsan for it's great panoramic views of the city. Also since I do love a good shop I can shop all night at Dongdaemun shopping district since the shops are open from 10 a.m to 5 a.m!



5. Florence - I once when on a day trip to Florence, but that wasn't enough. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited and it was pouring it down with rain. My main reason to visit Florence again is to go to the museums, especially since one holds the statue of David. The queues for these museums are horrendous though so I'll have to get up nice and early.



4
. Berlin - Berlin is considered the nightlife capital of Europe. New clubs open every week and they stay open until the early hours of the morning. There is one place in particular I would like to visit and that's 'White Trash Fast Food' which is an burger joint, a tattoo parlour, a smoking cinema and a tiki shack all-in-one (sounds incredible doesn't it?!)



3. Amsterdam - I don't think I really need to explain my reasons why I would like to go to Amsterdam. I'm going for the same reasons as everyone else.



2. Sydney - There is only one reason I want to go Sydney: I want to see an Opera performance. If I ever see a performance in the field of Opera I want it to take place in the Sydney Opera House. Another reason I would love to visit Australia in general is to go shark diving. I've always, from a very young age wanted to go cage diving with sharks and I will eventually do it.




1. Tokyo - Where do I even begin with this city? I love the Japanese culture. I grew up listening to Visual Kei, reading manga and watching anime. It's my 15 year old self' dream to visit Tokyo. As you can see from my Gyaru article I have researched the fashion and could easily spend every day on Jingu Bashi looking and photographing the cosplayers. I would visit Tokyo in the spring when the flowers in the Happoen Garden are in full bloom and at night I would probably spend my time at the robot restaurant (it's exactly as it sounds) and no Tokyo trip would be complete if I didn't visit the Meji Shrine.



And there you have it. These are the main cities/places I would like to visit before I die. Saving for Tokyo as I type. These 'Travel Tuesday' articles shall supply you with ideas of where you should visit and what you should do if you're traveling.

xx

Instagram: fashionphotoandfilm
Tumblr: fashionphotoandfilm.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment